The passengers aboard the Huriya (Ship to Gaza – Sweden blog, July 22, 2018).
Ellen Hansson (Press TV YouTube channel, July 22, 2018).
Herman Reksten (Bergensavisen website, April 27, 2018).
Larry Commodore (right) (from his Facebook page, July 27, 2018).
Jan Strömdahl (aftonblatet.se, May 15, 2018).
Gabor Tiroler (from an article by Richard Sudan, from the Press TV Facebook page, July 21, 2018).
- There are 12 passengers aboard the Huriya. One of the new passengers is Richard Sudan, a correspondent for the British-based Iranian TV channel Press TV, who boarded the ship in Palermo (Press TV Facebook page, July 22, 2018). Press TV is affiliated with the Iranian regime. Its broadcasts are aimed principally at Western countries. Its correspondent to the flotilla, Richard Sudan, is also an anti-Israeli political activist from London, whose articles have been published in various newspapers (including The Independent, The Guardian, the Washington Spectator and The Huffington Post). On July 1, 2015, he wrote an article for the Russia Today channel dealing with Israel’s halting of the Swedish ship Marianne which was en route to the Gaza Strip that same year. He wrote he was supposed to have been aboard one of the flotilla ships. An examination of his Facebook page indicates he holds anti-Israeli positions. He is apparently a Muslim, hinted at by a picture he posted of a Ramadan fast-breaking meal (Facebook page of Richard Sudan, May 24, 2018).
- Other passengers aboard the Huriya:
- John Turnbull: captain during the last stage of the voyage (replacing Jens Marklund).
- Anna Dressler: social activist living in Sweden.
- Ferry Sarpooshan: pro-Palestinian Swedish activist.
- Ellen Hansson: singer, writer and human rights activist from Gothenburg, Sweden (Facebook page of Ellen Hansson).Paco Canales: Spanish activist. According to a lone report, may be a member of the Alajar, Andalusia city council (kaosenlared.net, July 17, 2018).
- Pascal Maurieras: French activist (from a video posted to the Ship to Gaza – Sweden Facebook page by Divina Levrini, July 19, 2018).
- Collan Staiger: Swedish activist (from a video posted to the Ship to Gaza – Sweden Facebook page by Divina Levrini, July 20, 2018).
- The names of the passengers aboard the al-Awda
- Herman Reksten: Norwegian. Ship’s captain. In 2012 and 2015 participated in flotillas to the Gaza Strip and was detained by Israel (Bergensavisen website, April 27, 2018).
- Charlie Andreasson: Swedish activist, ship’s first officer.
- Zohar Chamberlain Regev: Israeli living in Spain.
- Mikkei Grüner:Danish-born Norwegian politician.
- Divina Levrini: Swedish singer and human rights activists. Moved from the Huriya to the al-Awda.
- Jan Petter Hammervold: head of the Lillehammer branch of the Norwegian Boat to Gaza campaign. Ship’s cook.
- Jørgen Pedersen: Chef from Oslo. Ship’s cook for the final stage of the flotilla. Has been active in demonstrations protesting the “Israeli occupation” (Freedom Flotilla Coalition website, July 18, 2018).
- Arne Birger Heli: naval mechanic; al-Awda‘s mechanic. Head the Palestinian Committee in Drammen, Norway. Visited Judea and Samaria a number of times (Freedom Flotilla Coalition website, July 23, 2018).
- Professor Gerd von der Lippe: sociologist specializing in sports. Vice president of the Ship to Gaza – Norway organization and its representative to the flotilla.
- Dr. Ang Swee Chai: orthopedic surgeon from Britain, flotilla doctor.
- Mike Treen: human rights activist and workers’ union leader from New Zealand.
- Professor Mohd Afandi Salleh: representative of New Zealand for the final stage of the flotilla.
- Chris Graham: edits the independent Australian website New Matilda.
- Joe Meadors: representative of the American branch of Freedom Flotilla Coalition to the flotilla.
- Lucia Mazarrasa Alvear: Rumbo a Gaza representative.
- Professor Mazen Qamsia: academician from Bethlehem.
- Yonatan Shapira: former Israeli Air Force helicopter pilot and one of the initiators of the 2003 “Pilots’ Letter.”
- Emilia Nacher Verdaguer: Spanish nurse. Rumbo a Gaza and BDS-Valencia activist (Freedom Flotilla Coalition website, July 5, 2018). Her presence aboard the al-Awda needs further verification.
- Sarah Claude Katz: member of the UJFP, the French Jewish Union for Peace.
- Larry Commodore: Canadian activist (Canada Boat to Gaza website, July 16, 2018).
- The names of the passengers aboard the Falestine:
- Andreas Gustafsson or Andréas Gustavfsson: ship captain (Ship to Gaza – Sweden Facebook page, July 19, 2018).
- Jan Strömdahl: a former member of the Swedish parliament.
- Nils Andersson: Swedish activist
- Another participant (unclear on which boat he is a passenger):
- Gabor Tiroler: a Swedish-Jewish activist (Ship to Gaza – Sweden Facebook page, July 21, 2018).
- Note: Muhammad al-Sa’ud, a Jordanian member of parliament, was supposed to sail on the Falestine. On July 24, 2018, Zaher Birawi, one of the flotilla’s organizers, announced that on July 22, 2018, al-Sa’ud left the flotilla for “reasons of health” (Facebook page of “the international committee for breaking the siege on the Gaza Strip” July 24, 2018).
 Update to the July 22, 2018 bulletin, "A "flotilla" of three small boats has begun its voyage to the Gaza Strip, expected to arrive around the end of July 2018, having conducted a propaganda tour of several European ports." We do not yet have a full picture of the situation. ↑
 In this update the information appearing in the previous bulletin has not been repeated, only the names and occupations have been mentioned. Information is given about new participants. ↑