Left: Palestinians throw Molotov cocktails at Israeli security forces on the Temple Mount (YouTube, March 8, 2013). Right: An Israeli civilian vehicle goes up in flames after being hit by a Molotov cocktail (Tazpit.org.il, November 8, 2013).
1. In view of the abduction of the three Israeli youths by Hamas and Operation Brothers' Keeper currently being conducted in Judea and Samaria, the ITIC reminds its readers of the study entitled "Violence and Terrorism in Judea and Samaria, 2013 – Data, Characteristics and Trends."
2. The study includes analyses of the following:
1) The increase in the scope of terrorismin Judea and Samaria, with the involvement of Hamas and the terrorist operatives released in the Gilad Shalit prisoner exchange deal in orchestrating terrorist attacks.
2) The efforts made by the terrorist operatives to abduct Israelisin Judea and Samariafor use as bargaining chips to secure the release of prisoners held by Israel.
3) The increase of so-called "popular resistance" actions(throwing stones, rocks and Molotov cocktails, carrying out stabbing and vehicular attacks) supported by Fatah and the Palestinian Authority (which oppose an armed military struggle, carry out preventive measures and maintain security coordination with Israel).