About the library
- The library and computerized information service are part of the Intelligence and Terrorism Information Center and integral to the activities of the Israel Intelligence & Heritage Commemoration Center. The library and information center provide bibliographical services to a wide and varied audience, including IICC members, the Israeli intelligence community, the IDF, academia, intelligence and terrorism experts, and the general public.
- For the Library Catalogue click here
- The library specializes in the fields of intelligence and terrorism. It has the largest and most unique collection of such material in Israel. It has approximately 20,000 books (in Hebrew, English and Arabic), tens of thousands of scanned articles, movies, CDs and documents captured in Israel's wars.
- In the field of Israeli and foreign intelligence the library has a wide variety of literature and articles dealing with the theory and methodology of intelligence, Israeli and foreign intelligence services, the history of intelligence, espionage affairs and trials, successes and failures, etc. In the field of terrorism it focuses on Palestinian terrorism, counterterrorism, the global jihad, radical Islam, incitement to terrorism and hatred (including a unique collection of anti-Semitic literature in Arabic). There are also books and articles about the Israeli-Arab conflict; the politics, economy and social structure of the Arab countries; the history of the State of Israel; Israel's national security, etc.
- The library and computerized information center are directed by head librarian Ms. Fella Schterzer and staffed by two experts. The Library has a reading room, an Internet room and computerized information retrieval. Books can be borrowed, bibliographical advice is provided along with guidance (for individuals and groups, arranged in advance) in locating information. The catalogue can be accessed through the ITIC website.
For additional information about the library and its services contact the head librarian Ms. Fela Shterzer or the staff at: